"So when will YOU come and discover the Beauty and Charm of South-West France?"
WELCOME to MY Holidays South-West France guide packed with all you want to know about Self Catering, Hotels, Camping,
Chateaux, What to do, Where to go and so much more.........
MY FAVOURITE PART OF FRANCE? I have been asked this question many times and it will always be the same 'SOUTH-WEST FRANCE'.
I moved to this part of the country about 9 years ago and there is so much to see and discover.
If you are thinking about a Holiday here in France I will try and help you decide where to go and where to stay.
My site is aimed at people who love the charm and beauty of South-West France. I would just like to share all my knowledge with you.
I just like to point out that I voice my opinion and my experience on this site.
So, please don't get upset if I might not mention your favourite Restaurant or your favourite place to visit.
I am very willing to listen to your opinion or your experience, so why not contact me and share your information.
- You will read about beautiful villages like Aubeterre, Cognac,
Riberac, Chalais...... and many more.
- You will find information for great places to shop like Bordeaux and Angouleme.
- Experience the French Cuisine by finding out about great
Restaurants and if you like cooking I will tell you a few
original Charentaise Recipes
- A little helping hand about where to stay. Maybe start reading about my self catering cottage 'La Petite Maison' and of course
many other beautiful places from Chateaux to Hotels to Camping......
- How about some Wine or Pineau tasting?
- I will tell you about the great French Markets
- Beautiful Beaches near Royan
- Will keep you up to date about Where to go and What to do while you enjoy your France Holiday
Now, can it be any easier then this??
After you gathered all the information you need, all you have to do now is get on the airplane or the car and make your way here.
Do keep reading and I hope you will enjoy all of it..................
- South-West-France Blog
- My Blog will tell you about updates to my website plus other things that might interest you.
- Contact me with questions or comments
- Contact me, your holiday south west france guide
- La Petite Maison self catering holiday cottage in South-West France
- La Petite Maison an exclusive and peaceful self catering holiday cottage South-West France. You have found the right place
- Booking details 'La Petite Maison'
- More information and booking details for 'La Petite Maison'
- About me and my life in the Charente South-West of France
- The short story about me and my Family
- Winter 2012 has arrived in full force
- After lovely temperatures in December and January the Winter 2012 has arrived
- What is the Charente known for?
- The Charente is known for quite a few specialities and I have listed a few
- Original Charentaise Recipes
- If you like eating and cooking, here are original charentaise recipes
- About the South Charente
- Information and what to do in the South Charente
- The Patois Poullignac Festival 2011
- Poullignac Festival 2011 with a difference, help from most of the villagers
- Free Sightseeing in the Charente
- Free Sightseeing places have opened in the Charente
- Events not to be missed
- GREAT EVENTS FOR THE YEAR 2011
- Rescued Horses at Brantome - a great day out
- Have a great day out by visiting some lovely rescued horses and helping out
- Beaches in within 2 hours drive from Poullignac
- Beaches not too far from Poullignac
- Camping near Bordeaux, France
- Camping places near Bordeaux in France
- Weekly and Monthly Markets in the Charente
- Weekly and Monthly Markets here in the Charente and the Charente-Maritime
- Aubeterre-sur-Dronne also known as - Les Plus Beaux Village de France
- Aubeterre-sur-Dronne is a beautiful village in the south-east of the Charente department
- Historic Poullignac
- Poullignac - Home for the last 9 years
- Market Town Chalais in the Charente
- The great Market of Chalais
- The village of Verteuil-sur-Charente
- Verteuil-sur-Charente, a village with an impressive Chateau
- Shopping and Sightseeing Angouleme
- Angouleme - Shopping and Sightseeing
- Bordeaux - Exciting French City full of Art and History
- Bordeaux, as City on the Garonne River in southwest France
- Cognac in the Charente-Maritime
- History about Cognac the town and the drink
- The gorgeous Island of Oleron which sounds better as Ile d'Oleron in french
- Let's go and visit the gorgeous Island of Oleron, which is of course called Ile d'Oleron here in France
- Marais Poitevin the second largest wetland in France
- Marais Poitevin is the second largest wetland in France
- Riberac french town with a great market
- Riberac has one of the best outdoor markets in Perigord
- Port Town La Rochelle
- La Rochelle, a port town in the Charente Maritime
- Royan has some lovely beaches
- royan, beaches,
- Other great places to visit
- Other great places and countries to visit
- Property for Sale in France
- Looking for property in France - have a look right here
- Offers of holiday books about France
- Here are some great offers of books about holiday France, Cooking and other useful information
- Share your stories
- <b>YOUR PAGE - YOUR STORIES</b>
- A Charentaise Duck and Pork Pate Recipe
- Duck and Pork Pate charentaise Style
- St. Amant Boixe
- St.Amant Boixe, a magnificent Romanesque Abbey
- Foie Gras, a Poitou-Charente Speciality
- Different kinds of Foie Gras
- Pineau des Charentes - Made in the Charente of course
- The difference between Pineau des Charentes and Cognac
- Site Policy
- website site policy
- Stay in touch with my free Newsletter every month
- Stay in touch with my monthly free newsletter for you to get to know holidays-south-west-france better
- Poullignac Festival 2012
- Another year - another great festival in Poullignac with all the villagers participating